Time: 4 Hours
After getting all the edge finishing finished this morning and running some errands I got back at it in the Hangar. First up was to straighten the flanges of all the main ribs. So I broke out the tool I made, from Jason Hess’s build, and screwed it to the bench.
The idea is to bring the flange back to a 90° to the webbing. This tool makes that job fairly easy. Here is a before and after photo of the end flange of one of the main ribs.
Once I finished up all the flanging I moved on the the fluting. This straightens the ribs from fore to aft aligning them with the skin holes. Here is a before and after shot looking from the top of the wing down. You can see the bow in the rib one the first one and it removed on the second.
I finished both of those tasks in 4 hours and had them back on the shelves.
I decided to call it a day and clean up the Hangar. I will get a good day in tomorrow and this time I will get some assembly in!