Time: 2 Hours
I’m still waiting on the delivery of more ProSeal from Van’s so no sealing today. But I did get out and do a little work on the tanks as the sealer has almost cured. I wanted to get the fuel vent lines in and attach the outboard capacitor plates. First up was to install the capacitor plates to the second to last rib. They are attached with 3 screws that are covered with a plastic sleeve and 4 plastic bushings. These keep the plates and screws from touching any part of the ribs.
Before I put the vent lines in place I cut a groove in the flange of the 7/16″ plastic bushings that hold the vent lines. This groove allows the capacitor wire to pass thru the bushing with the vent line. I then placed that wire thru all the bushings and then slid the vent line in with them, once I rivet the inboard rib I will bend up the end by the fuel cap flange so that it is at the highest point possible.
Then I rotated the bushings to twist the wire around the vent line. When I have some ProSeal mixed up I will add a dab on the wire/vent line to secure the wire.
In the second fuel bay I will install the inboard capacitor plate. When I do that I will cut the wire from the outboard plate to the correct size and add a terminal. The wire from the BNC connector on the inboard rib will also get attached here too making the plates run in parallel.
I then clecko’d the inboard rib to check the vent line connection and all looked good!
I leave for a 2 day trip to Cincinnati tomorrow and hopefully the new ProSeal will be hear when I get back. That will give me a good 3 day weekend to seal up these tanks. On a fun note my Milbar safety wire pliers that I won on eBay arrived today as well as the first can of .032 wire.